Cervical cancer is the fourth most common malignancy in women worldwide. The UK national screening programme has been pivotal in reducing the incidence and number of deaths from this disease, with colposcopy playing an essential role in early pre-invasive diagnosis and treatment.
This course aims to cover the NHSCSP guidelines including HPV testing, quality assurance, training issues and the clinical management of difficult situations in colposcopy with interactive case examples. The course aims to assist those wishing to prepare for their colposcopy OSCE.
The Basic Colposcopy Course is for colposcopists in training for their BSCCP certification.
Who should attend?
- Colposcopy trainees
- Cytopathologists and General Practitioners interested in cervical screening
- Staff doctors, Trust doctors and Associate Specialists Trainees
- Practicing colposcopists from both nursing and medical backgrounds
- Nurse specialists
After attending the meeting, you will:
- Understand the principles of colposcopy
- Be able to offer a colposcopic diagnosis
- Understand methods of management of women referred for colposcopic assessment
- Be appraised of the latest changes to the screening programme
- Understand what is required for training towards BSCCP certification in Colposcopy.
- Hear discussions on the latest controversies and advances in screening and colposcopy
- Topics likely to be covered are HPV vaccines and testing, the NHSCSP guidelines, quality assurance issues and much more
- This course is also recommended for the RCOG Core Curriculum module on Gynaecological Oncology
Mr Simon Leeson FRCOG, North Wales
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Nick Panay MRCOG, London
Honorary Deputy Director of Conferences
Mr Philip Toozs-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham