This is a two-day theory and one day practical course that covers the essential aspects of intermediate laparoscopic and open surgery. The practical sessions on the third day will provide training on essential skills of equipment and stack management as well as video editing and hands on dry laboratory training under supervision of expert faculty. The delegates will be required to register for the third day separately.
This meeting is recognised for the ‘Benign Abdominal Surgery: open and laparoscopic’ and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery for the excision of benign disease' Advanced Training Skills Modules (ATSM). Please note: The theory underpinning hysteroscopic surgery will be covered by the ‘Diagnostic and Operative Hysteroscopy’ meeting.
Who should attend?
- All Trainees, Consultants and SAS Doctors in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- All those with an interest in benign gynaecological surgery
- Those who are registered, or who plan to register, for the ‘Benign abdominal surgery: open and laparoscopic’ ATSM
- Those who are registered, or plan to register for the ‘Advanced laparoscopic surgery for the excision of benign disease’ ATSM
- Clinicians at all grades who are interested in developing their understanding of intermediate level open and laparoscopic benign gynaecological surgery
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Cover the fundamental basic theory required for benign gynaecological surgery
- Complete the ATSM ’Benign abdominal surgery: open and laparoscopic’ theoretical syllabus and/or ATSM in ’Advanced laparoscopic surgery for the excision of benign disease’
- Improve patient selection and communication of risk
- Understand the basis for the most commonly encountered procedures
- Have a thorough understanding of adnexal surgery
- Have an in depth technical understanding of hysterectomy - vaginal, open and laparoscopic
- Hand on dry laboratory training
- Claim a maximum of 21 CPD credits for full attendance at this meeting
Mr Sameer Umranikar FRCOG, Southampton
Mr Ertan Saridogan FRCOG, London, BSGE Convenor of Meetings
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Nick Panay MRCOG, London
Honorary Deputy Director of Conferences
Mr Philip Toozs-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham