This meeting endeavours to provide answers to the most commonly asked and most difficult questions in the management of post reproductive health.
Nationally and internationally recognized speakers will cover controversial questions in important areas such as:
- Pathophysiology of the menopause
- Risks of hormone dependent malignancies
- Cardiovascular diseases, osteoporosis and cognitive problems
- Premature ovarian insufficiency: diagnosis and management
- Lifestyle, complementary therapies, HRT and alternatives for managing the menopause
The meeting will closely follow the recommended syllabus and is suitable for the theoretical component of the BMS/RCOG ‘Menopause’ Advanced Training Skills Module (ATSM), the BMS Principles and Practice of Menopause Care Training Programme and the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare Advanced Menopause Certificate.
Case studies and breakout workshops will be used to illustrate management principles and develop care pathways for routine and complex menopause related problems.
Please note, this course will be delivered through an online collaborative platform which creates a guest profile for all participants. As part of this profile, the name and email address of the participant will be visible to all participants within the secure course classroom. This is a requirement of use of this platform so permission to share this information will be gathered during the registration process.
Who should attend
- All Clinicians in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and in Sexual Health
- Community Gynaecologists
- General Practitioners, Practice Nurses and Specialist Nurses
- Sub-specialist Trainees in Reproductive Medicine/Community Gynaecology
- Recognise the ways in which the menopause can affect quality of life and long term health
- Target investigations according to each clinical scenario
- Individualise hormonal and alternative therapeutic regimens that best suit your patient
- Manage patients with menopause related problems confidently
- Identify and fully comprehend key research in the field of post-reproductive Health
- Use the course as the theoretical component of the RCOG ATSM
- Obtain the BMS/FSRH Advanced Menopause Certificate
- Claim a maximum of 13 CPD credits for full attendance at the meeting
Mr Haitham Hamoda FRCOG, London
Mr Nick Panay FRCOG, London
Mr Mike Savvas FRCOG, London
Honorary Co-Director of Conferences
Mr Philip Toozs-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham
Mr Andrew Sizer, FRCOG, Shrewsbury