After three successful workshops in Chennai, Mumbai and New Delhi over the last 3 years, RCOG FOGSI collaboration brings you a programme with added value for teaching technical and non technical skills and a unique opportunity to learn 3D/4D scanning.
This exciting collaboration aims to unify standards and good practice of training in obstetric and gynaecological in ultrasound across all FOGSI accredited training centres.
Currently the postgraduate training programmes in obstetric and gynaecology in India do not have ultrasound training as an integral part of the curriculum. RCOG has introduced basic scanning as a part of the curriculum over a decade and this has now been incorporated as a procedural skill as part of the revised RCOG curriculum
Ultrasound is a useful tool in the right hands and when taught correctly. Although one may be an expert in scanning skills, the teaching of technical and nontechnical ultrasound skills is an art and science that can be learnt on this course. So don’t miss this opportunity!
- This workshop will appeal to all those interested in teaching and training in skills for ultrasound in clinical practice.
- Learn about the RCOG Ultrasound Curriculum, how to teach a practical skill, how to assess, feedback and use reflective practice to enhance the training experience for both trainees and trainers, how to ensure quality assurance in ultrasound training and evaluation
- Interactive workshop to teach ultrasound in a standardised manner and participate in interactive session with the RCOG and FOGSI trainers.
- Understand nontechnical skills and human factors in training for ultrasound
- Access to RCOG assessment tools ( work place based assessments, feedback and evaluation, e-learning tools, blended learning and teaching styles)
- Tips on setting up an ultrasound training centre and learn from experience of trainers that have already attended the course and implemented this in their training centres
- Additionally learn a new hands on skill for 3D/4D scanning!
- Expert international and national faculty
ITC Sonar, JBS Haldane Avenue Opposite Science City, Kolkata, West Bengal, 700046
Local Course Organiser
Dr Bhaskar Pal
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Philip Toozs-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham
Honorary Deputy Director of Conferences
Mr Andrew Sizer FRCOG, Shrewsbury