The Enhanced Revision Programme is a 15-week revision programme to prepare you for the Part 2 MRCOG examination. This unique and rewarding programme is mapped to the syllabus of the membership examination and its content is developed and reviewed by experienced RCOG examiners.
What will you learn?
By the end of the programme, you should be able to:
- Understand core O&G topics in relation to UK practice
- Understand training within the NHS and the difference between your local training system
- Understand the importance of communication and be better prepared for OSCE role player stations
- Have a greater understanding of ethics, consent and patient choice as practiced in the UK
- Understand the knowledge, skills, attitudes and competencies required of an year 5 specialty trainee in the UK
- Apply examination tips and techniques to EMQs and and SBAs in your written Part 2 MRCOG examination
- Understand how exam questions are set and to gain a better understanding of how to tackle each paper
How will you be assessed?
Throughout the 15-week programme you are tasked with assignments. You are required to submit your answers by email before the given deadline – day and time. The moderators will assess the work provided it has been submitted on time.
Moderators will provide you with individual feedback and guidance throughout the programme and give you advice and tips on how to improve your performance, or benefit from further study.
How does the course run?
Prior to the commencing the online classroom sessions, all candidates are required to undertake the eInduction Module. You will complete 7 online tutorials, by reading and listening to the lectures and completing the online assessment questions. These tutorials have been designed to ensure candidates have basic knowledge of the UK healthcare system and the Part 2 MRCOG exam. The eModule will focus on key issues examiners have found to be most challenging for candidates, as well as assess your readiness for the Part 2 MRCOG exam.
The online classroom is the main tool of the Enhanced Revision Programme. Through this free to download software, you are able to directly interact and talk with your moderator(s) and a small number of fellow candidates from the comfort of your own PC at home or the office. You join the virtual classroom by clicking on a link that will be provided by the College once you have signed up for the programme.
Who should attend?
- Candidates who are or planning to sit the Part 2 MRCOG exam in September 2015
- Candidates who are resident in India - West Zone (Pune)
Dr Jyothi Unni FRCOG