The RCOG and The PROMPT Maternity Foundation (PMF) are working together to improve intrapartum outcomes through better care and effective training.
PROMPT (PRactical Obstetric Multi-Professional Training) is an evidence based multi-professional obstetric emergencies training package that has been developed by PMF for use in local maternity units. Implementation of PROMPT has been associated with improved outcomes in the UK, USA, Australia and Zimbabwe.
This training package consists of interactive drills and workshops that provide “hands-on” experience of practical and decision-making skills required to manage simulated obstetric emergency situations in both low and high risk maternity settings.
PROMPT 3 includes new modules, algorithms, implementation tools, scenarios and videos
- Maternal Critical Care – CIPP Course (Care of the Critically ill pregnant patient) training package. Contains training tools to facilitate a multi-professional local Maternal Critical Care training course
- Maternal Critical Care
- Teamwork, local context and sustaining effective local multi-professional training
- Local evaluation of training, including evidence of effect.
All other chapters have been updated in line with national recommendations including MBRRACE, NICE, FIGO & UK Resuscitation Council. Modules include:
- BLS and Maternal Collapse, Eclampsia, Cord Prolapse, Shoulder Dystocia, Vaginal Breech Birth, Fetal monitoring in labour and Newborn resuscitation.
The fees are per team and include:
- Provision of 1 PROMPT 3 ‘Course in a Box’ containing 1 course manual, 1 trainer’s manual, downloadable training media and practical implementation tools
- 3 copies of the PROMPT 3 Course and Trainers Manuals
- Downloadable Maternal Critical Care (CIPP Course) training package
- Training for a team of 4 multi-professional members of staff who will facilitate the implementation of the PROMPT course in their own maternity unit
- 1 years telephone and/or email support from the PROMPT Maternity Foundation training team
After attending the meeting you will:
- Be familiar with the contents of the PROMPT 3 ‘Course in a Box’
- Receive guidance on how to run multi-professional PROMPT courses in your own unit
- Receive ideas and ‘serving suggestions’ for running practical hands-on obstetric emergencies drills and scenarios
- Receive guidance on how to run a local multi-professional Maternal Critical Care training course
- Be aware of the importance of integrating team working within the local clinical training
- Be informed about the implementation of effective local PROMPT training
- Be informed on the evaluation of local PROMPT training
Who should attend?
The PROMPT 3 training package provides the opportunity for a multi-professional team of 4 staff from a maternity unit or institution to be trained as PROMPT Trainers. Teams participating in the training may consist of any of the following staff:
- Labour Ward Lead Obstetricians and Senior Obstetricians
- Labour Ward Midwives
- Maternity theatre staff
- Midwifery lecturers
- Obstetric Anaesthetists
- Practice development Midwives and Maternity Risk Managers
Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor Medical Simulation Center
Right Wing, 2nd Floor
Mohammed Bin Rashid Academic Medical Center
Building No. 14 Dubai Health Care City
The PROMPT Maternity Foundation
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Nick Panay MRCOG, London