This is a two day course run over two consecutive weeks.
This course provides an essential and comprehensive introduction to abortion care. To support flexible learning, the programme will be run over two Saturday mornings by expert clinical and educational facilitators.
This tailored course will cover the fundamental clinical knowledge for abortion in the first and second trimester, as well as the legal, political and social context of abortion.
- Outline current UK law and professional guidance on abortion.
- Describe the components of a thorough and respectful pre-abortion consultation including eligibility, method choice, and post-abortion contraception.
- Describe medical and surgical methods of abortion in the first and second trimester including drug regimens/techniques, risks/complications, aftercare, and identification and management of complications.
On-demand accessible learning
Our state-of-the-art virtual events platform allows you to access all content for three months post-event.
This means you can watch from wherever you are in the world and at a time convenient for you. Your on-demand access means no programme clashes, and saves on travel time and extra arrangements.
This is an excellent, bite-sized approach to learning which supports flexible and accessible educational content for doctors globally.
Who should attend
- All Clinicians in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology Trainees
- Community Sexual and Reproductive Health Trainees
- Gynaecology Nurses
- GP Practice Nurses
- GP Trainees
- Healthcare providers with an interest in abortion care
- Medical Students
- Midwifery students
Dr Jayne Kavanagh, London
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Andrew Sizer FRCOG, Shrewsbury
Deputy Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Dudley Robinson FRCOG, London