Patient safety is the most important aspect of our work
The 3rd Women's Health Patient Safety day provides an exciting opportunity to learn from those who are leading on patient safety issues and to share experiences with other health care professions to improve standards for patients.
From the strategic perspective to the practical, this event gives a variety of examples of how patient safety can be improved for women using our services.
- View the event programme for a full list of speakers and sessions on the day
- Find out about the latest patient safety initiatives and how to embed them into clinical practice
- Share experiences of implementing patient safety initiatives with other health care professionals
- An exciting opportunity to attend a multi-professional event where you can share the expertise of others to improve women's patient safety in your own unit
- Share your own ideas and experience to improve the work of other health care professionals
- Be inspired by the practical solutions from national and local speakers
- Opportunity to present a poster(s) on Patient Safety (view the Call for abstracts tab for more information)
- Claim a maximum of 6 CPD credits for full attendance at this meeting
Who should attend?
- Obstetricians and gynaecologists
- Obstetric anaesthetists
- Clinical governance and patient safety leads
- Clinical and medical directors
- Midwives and other health professionals involved in the provision of women’s health
- Health Service Managers with an interest in Risk
- Mr Tim Hillard FRCOG, Chair of the NHS England Women’s Health Patient Safety Expert Group
- Ms Anita Dougall, Director, Clinical Quality
Honorary Director of Conferences
- Mr Nick Panay MRCOG, London
The registration fee (inclusive of online discount and VAT at 20%) for this event is:
- Standard Rate: £325
- RCOG Member Rate: £275
- Trainee Rate: £220
- Allied Healthcare Professional Rate: £120
We will automatically allocate you a rate based on the information we hold about you in our database.
How to book
- Sign into the RCOG website or create your account here – you need to be registered with the RCOG website to book on to an event
- Check that your card billing address is listed in ‘My account’ > ‘My details’ > ‘Addresses’, as you will need this in order to complete your booking
- Check that your details are correct in ‘My account’ > ‘My details’ > ‘Career stage’, as we will use this to calculate your registration fee
- Return to this page
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the booking form, which will appear once you are logged in
Alternatively, you can book using the postal booking form, although if you book using this method you will not receive the online discount.
If you would like your hospital or trust to be invoiced for your place, please read the events FAQs for further details.
Submissions for abstracts are now closed. Those who submitted an abstract should receive results by the end of August.
Stand EC3: Safe Obstetrics Systems
Safe Obstetrics Systems (SOS) is a women's health company that designs and develops innovative and clinically effective obstetric products for use in emergency obstetrics. Our products are designed to reduce risk associated with childbirth and to make childbirth a safer and better experience for the mother and baby.
Safe Obstetrics Systems manufacture and market the Fetal Pillow™, a disposable balloon device that is designed to atraumatically disimpact the engaged fetal head, through elevation, out of the pelvis prior to C-Section (CS) incision thus avoiding the difficulties that result in high complications.