One of the strategic aims of the college is to improve women’s health by providing high quality education and training and support of doctors throughout their careers. Faculty of obstetrics and Gynaecology Educators summit provides an excellent opportunity for Educators to come to the College and update themselves on important College initiatives in O&G education and training. The delegates will participate in a series of workshops aimed at developing their career as an educator (for example “how to be a College Tutor”, “how to be a College Examiner”, “how to be an ultrasound officer”) or addressing more general education topics (for example “trainees in difficulty”, “simulation training”, “introduction to RCOG leadership programmes” and “how to write an e-tutorial”). The workshops are designed to be interactive and will cover a broad range of topics suitable for Tier 2- Tier 4 educators.
The workshops are outlined in the programme. The aim of the course is to support trainers and therefore improve training, resulting in better doctors, providing improved and safer patient care. There will be the opportunity to network throughout the day with your colleagues from various tiers and exchange thoughts and ideas.
The course is mapped to the seven domains of the GMC (AoME) standards and criteria for trainer recognition and approval
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Be more up to date with current developments in O&G education and training
- Be able to give better advice to trainers and trainees
- Be better informed as to how the College can help you in your educational role
- Have met other O&G educators doing similar jobs to you and shared your experiences
- Have had an opportunity to explore particular areas of educational or career interest
- Be more knowledgeable about the educational career opportunities that the College provides
- Have a greater understanding of College standards and guidance
Who Should Attend?
- Consultants who are interested in applying for/newly appointed to local and regional educational roles such as College Tutor, Specialty Assessor, regional Ultrasound Coordinator, regional Simulation Representative, regional ATSM Director, etc.
- College Tutors looking to refresh or update their knowledge, skills and attitudes
- Consultants in tier 2-4 who wish to update their educational skills in line with the GMC standards and learn more about other educational roles
Mr Sambit Mukhopadhyay FRCOG, Norwich
Ms Kim Scrivener, London
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Nick Panay FRCOG, London
Honorary Deputy Director of Conferences
Mr Philip Toozs-Hobson FROCG, Birmingham