The meeting provides a forum for learning the basics of healthcare risk management, learning from patient safety incidents and sharing good practice. It is in its 19th year. Participants in past meetings have come from across the UK, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Canada.
The programme is based on the RADICAL framework for healthcare risk management. The breakout sessions will use interactive approaches and clinical scenarios to promote understanding of patient safety.
During this conference you will have ample opportunity to network with colleagues in safety and quality improvement, and to develop ideas for research and innovation.
- Gain familiarity with theoretical foundations and practical problems relating to risk management
- Cover aspects relating to clinical governance in the RCOG core curriculum
- Acquire knowledge relevant to a leadership role in clinical governance
- Acquire knowledge of some UK laws pertinent to clinical practice
- Pick up numerous tips for safe clinical practice
Who Should Attend?
- Consultants in O&G
- Trainees in O&G
- Academic research staff
- Clinical governance leads, including risk managers and claims/complaints managers
- Midwives and nurses
- SAS Doctors
Mr Leroy Edozien LLB FRCOG, Manchester
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Nick Panay MRCOG, London
Honorary Deputy Director of Conferences
Mr Philip Toozs-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham