The Annual Academic Meeting aims to showcase the entire spectrum of academic research in O&G. The exciting programme features a wide range of speakers from new scientists to well renowned researchers. The programme is designed to cover all aspects of research both from NHS and academia and provide a forum for all undertaking research in O&G.
- Workshops on the work of the Clinical Study Groups
- Lectures on Hot Topics
- The latest post-doctoral research from around the county
- Oral and poster pitch presentations from the top scoring abstracts in Blair Bell Research Competition
Who should attend?
- Practising clinicians, midwives and allied healthcare professionals with an interest in research and education
- Senior academics in O&G
- Clinicians in training (an ideal venue for ACFs, ACLs, and CRFs)
- Undergraduates interested in research in Women's Health
- Non-clinical scientists from PhDs, research midwives to professors
- Anyone interested in a career in academic research in O&G
After attending this meeting you will:
- Have an overview of the latest achievements in O&G research
- Understand the process of research prioritization and funding
- Understand the national research infrastructure and opportunities it provides
- Be able to claim a maximum of 11 CPD credits for attendance
BJOG Author and Peer Review Workshop
A free BJOG Author and Peer Review Workshop is being held prior to the Annual Academic Meeting on Wednesday 7 February 2018 from 2pm to 5pm.
Come and meet the BJOG team to discuss their top tips on how to thrive in the world of academic publishing.
For more information and to book your place please visit the BJOG Author and Peer Review Workshop event page.
The Blair Bell Research Society Committee
Professor Andrew Horne, Chair of RCOG Academic Committee
Dr Jenny Myers, Secretary of Blair Bell Research Society
Professor Donald Peebles, President of Blair Bell Research Society
Professor Louise Kenny, Chair of RCOG Research Committee
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Nick Panay FRCOG, London
Honorary Deputy Director of Conferences
Mr Phillip Tooz-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham