The Annual Academic Meeting aims to showcase the entire spectrum of academic research in O&G, featuring a wide range of speakers from new scientists to well renowned researchers. The exciting programme is designed to cover all aspects of research and provide a forum for all undertaking research in O&G.
- Workshops providing a great opportunity to interact with senior academics
- Lectures on “Hot Topics”
- The latest post-doctoral research from around the country
- Oral and poster pitch presentations from the top scoring abstracts in the Blair Bell Research Society Competition
Who should attend?
- Clinicians in training (an ideal venue for ACFs, ACLs, and CRFs)
- Undergraduates interested in research in Women's Health
- Non-clinical scientists from PhDs, research midwives to professors
- Senior academics in O&G
- Practising clinicians, midwives and allied healthcare professionals with an interest in research and education
- Anyone interested in a career in academic research in O&G
After attending this meeting you will:
- Have an overview of the latest achievements in O&G research
- Understand the process of research prioritization and funding
- Understand the national research infrastructure and the opportunities it provides
- Be able to claim a maximum of 11 CPD credits for attendance
BJOG Author and Peer Review Workshop
A free BJOG Author and Peer Review Workshop is being held on Wednesday 16 January 2019 –the day before the Annual Academic Meeting – from 2pm to 5pm.
Come and meet the BJOG team to discuss how to get ahead in the world of academic publishing.
For more information and to book your place please visit the BJOG Author and Peer Review Workshop event page.
The Blair Bell Research Society Committee
Professor Andrew Horne, Chair of RCOG Academic Board
Professor Lucy Chappell, Chair of Blair Bell Research Society
Dr Jenny Myers, Secretary of Blair Bell Research Society
Professor Louise Kenny, Chair of RCOG Research Committee
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Philip Tooz-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham
Honorary Deputy Director of Conferences
Mr Andrew Sizer FRCOG, Shropshire