The course is structured to address current maternal medicine issues across all medical subspecialties with specific relevance to obstetrics. It is recognize for the theoretical component of the "Maternal Medicine" ATSM. The course will also be of value to clinicians with a maternal medicine and high-risk obstetrics practice.
The course has a format of lectures and breakout group work to address topical maternal medicine issues.
By attending this course, the trainee is able to:
- Spend more time practicing basic operative obstetric and gynaecological skills
- Learn about new topics such as Human Factors and Enhanced Recovery pathways
- Sign off elements in the RCOG Training Portfolio Logbook and OSATS
- Complete the mandatory requirements into ST3
- Course format will allow interaction with a wide range of internationally renowned speakers
- This meeting is suitable for the theoretical component of the ‘Maternal Medicine’ ATSM
- Claim a maximum of 12 CPD credits for full attendance at this meeting
Who Should Attend?
- All Trainees, Consultants and SAS Doctors in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- All Trainees and Consultants in Anaesthesia with an interest in Maternal Health / Maternal Critical Care
- Those who are registered, or who plan to register for the ‘Maternal Medicine’ ATSM
- Consultants with a maternal medicine/high-risk obstetric practice
- Trainees wishing to broaden their knowledge of maternal medicine
- High-risk/specialised midwives with an interest in maternal medicine
Professor Fionnuala McAuliffe FRCOG, Dublin
Mr Jason Waugh MRCOG, Newcastle upon Tyne
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Philip Toozs-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham
Honorary Deputy Director of Conferences
Mr Andrew Sizer FRCOG, Shropshire