One of the strategic aims of the college is to improve women’s health by providing high quality education and training and support of doctors throughout their careers.
The Faculty of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Educators Summit provides an excellent opportunity for Educators to come to the College and update themselves on important College initiatives in O&G education and training. The delegates will participate in a series of workshops aimed at developing their career as an educator. The workshops are designed to be interactive and will cover a broad range of topics suitable for tier 2-4 educators.
The aim of the course is to support and develop trainers and therefore improve education and training, resulting in better doctors, providing improved and safer patient care. There will be the opportunity to network throughout the day with your colleagues and exchange thoughts and ideas.
The course is mapped to the seven domains of the GMC (AoME) standards and criteria for trainer recognition and approval
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand current developments in O&G education and training
- Provide better advice to trainers and trainees
- Share experiences with other educators & trainers
- Have an opportunity to explore particular areas of educational or career interest
- Understand about the educational career opportunities that the College provides
- Have a greater understanding of College standards and guidance
Who Should Attend?
- Consultants who are interested in applying for leadership roles in education at regional and national levels
- educational roles such as College Tutor, Specialty Assessor, regional Ultrasound Coordinator, regional Simulation Representative, regional ATSM Director, etc.
- Consultants in tier 2-4 who wish to update their knowledge and skills in line with the GMC standards