This one-day course has been developed for NHS consultants, O&G trainees and doctors in non-academic posts, clinical and research midwives and nurses, trial co-ordinators and researchers involved in development and delivery of clinical research in Women’s Health.
The course will increase their knowledge and understanding of clinical research methodology and research governance, and enable them to become directly involved in NIHR and industry portfolio trials.
- Understanding of clinical research methodology
- Competence to participate as an Investigator in Portfolio research studies
- Competence to undertake the critical review of a research topic/idea
Who should attend
- All Clinicians in Obstetrics and Gynaecology who have an interest in academic training at any stage during their specialty training programme
- Clinical and research midwives and nurses
- NHS consultants and doctors keen to develop their clinical research skills and knowledge
- Trial co-ordinators and researchers involved in Women’s Health research
Professor Dilly OC Anumba, MBBS FWACS FRCOG MD LL.M (Medical Law), Sheffield
Professor Andrew Horne FRCOG, Edinburgh
Professor Shakila Thangaratinam MRCOG, London
Honorary Co-Directors of Conferences
Mr Philip Toozs-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham
Mr Andrew Sizer FRCOG, Shrewsbury