This two-day meeting aims to bring together professionals from healthcare, risk management and legal backgrounds with an interest in patient safety in women’s healthcare.
Principles of risk management, complaints, incident investigation and litigation in healthcare will be explored. There will be ample opportunities for discussion and networking.
Day 1 will cover general principles, management and sequelae of incident investigation that will be relevant across women’s healthcare.
Day 2 will provide the opportunity for break-out sessions to attend relevant workshops, a topical debate and recent case-law updates from NHS Resolution.
This meeting will consolidate knowledge and stimulate ideas to further advance safe care in women’s healthcare.
- Review the challenges and best practice in the areas of Risk Management and Medico- Legal Issues in O&G
- Garner insight into the Coroners’ process
- Topical case law updates relevant to O&G
- Attend workshops relevant to your area of interest
- Network with practitioners from a multitude of backgrounds to share ideas and best practice for improving safety in women’s healthcare
Who should attend
- Consultants in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Neonatology, Obstetric Anaesthesia
- Trainees with an interest in patient safety
- Risk managers
- Trust legal teams
- Clinical negligence specialist lawyers
Dr Jyoti Sidhu MRCOG, London
Professor Tim Draycott FRCOG, Bristol
Dr Denise Chaffer
Honorary Co-Directors of Conferences
Mr Philip Toozs-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham
Mr Andrew Sizer FRCOG, Shrewsbury