#NEXTSTAGE has replaced the traditional course for newly qualified consultants, aiming to use peer-led discussion to equip attendees with the tools to build resilience – essential for anyone going through this career transition.
Through interactive discussions and informative lectures, this course will provide new consultants with the framework to succeed and build positive workplace environments.
We understand that the career transition between registrar and consultant can be daunting. This course will be led by people who have been through this journey, introducing you to a variety of topics, and signposting to further information to explore in detail after the course has taken place.
Please note: #NEXTSTAGE is not an interview preparation course.
“Excellent course, and reassuring to know other new consultants face the same challenges”. – Previous delegate
The course has been adapted to be delivered virtually, and is designed to connect you to your local peers to work through common issues. The Faculty will be available via the chat function to answer questions through most of the talks.
The content of the programme will be delivered on two morning sessions over consecutive weeks on the following dates:
- Day 1: Friday 30 April 2021
- Day 2: Friday 7 May 2021
- Connect with peers and learn how to effectively utilise peer support
- Increase your confidence to move forwards in your career
- Learn about practical problems such as understanding the consultant pay structure, pensions, job planning, and applying for clinical excellence awards
Who should attend
- Consultants in O&G within 2 years of obtaining a substantive appointment
- Post CCT/CESR O&G specialists in a locum Consultant post or looking for a substantive or locum post
- Trainees in ST7 who expect to gain CCT within 6-9 months of the course
Dr Ted Adams, MRCOG, Liverpool
Honorary Co-Directors of Conferences
Mr Philip Toozs-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham
Mr Andrew Sizer FRCOG, Shrewsbury