The Virtual Revision Course is a 3-week revision programme to prepare you for the Part 2 MRCOG examination. This unique and rewarding programme is mapped to the syllabus of the membership examination and its content is developed and reviewed by experienced RCOG examiners.
What you will learn
By the end of the programme, you should be able to:
- Understand core O&G topics in relation to UK practice
- Understand training within the NHS and the difference between your local training system
- Have a greater understanding of ethics, consent and patient choice as practiced in the UK
- Apply examination tips and techniques to EMQs and SBAs in your written Part 2 MRCOG examination
- Understand how exam questions are set and to gain a better understanding of how to tackle each paper
How you will be assessed
Throughout the 3-week programme you are tasked with assignments.
How the course will be run
Prior to the commencing the online classroom sessions, all delegates are required to undertake the eLearning modules. You will complete 7 online tutorials, by reading and listening to the lectures and completing the online assessment questions. These tutorials have been designed to ensure delegates have basic knowledge of the UK healthcare system and the Part 2 MRCOG exam. The eLearning modules will focus on key issues examiners have found to be most challenging for candidates, as well as assess your readiness for the Part 2 MRCOG exam.
The online classroom is the main tool of the Virtual Revision Course. Through this free to download software, you are able to directly interact and talk with your moderator(s) and a small number of fellow delegates from the comfort of your own PC at home or the office. You join the virtual classroom by clicking on a link that will be provided by the College once you have signed up for the programme.
Who should attend
- Delegates who are or planning to sit the Part 2 MRCOG exam in January 2022
There will be two lessons per day which will take place every Saturday and Sunday at 9.00am until 10.30am and then at 10.45am until 12.15pm UK time, commencing on Saturday 30 October until Sunday 14 November 2021.
MRCOG Part 2 Course Convenor
Mr David Burch FRCOG, Preston
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Andrew Sizer FRCOG, Shrewsbury
Deputy Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Dudley Robinson FRCOG, London