The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) and The PROMPT Maternity Foundation (PMF) are working together to improve awareness and facilitate the distribution of obstetric emergencies training as widely as possible.
PROMPT (PRactical Obstetric Multi-Professional Training) is a multi-professional obstetric emergencies training package that has been developed by PMF for use in local maternity units with the aim of reducing preventable harm to mothers and their babies. This training package consists of interactive drills and workshops that provide “hands-on” experience of practical skills and decision-making in simulated obstetric emergency situations.
How does the PROMPT 2 course differ from the original PROMPT course?
PROMPT 2 includes new modules, algorithms, implementation tools, scenarios and videos:
- New modules: Maternal Sepsis, Twin Birth, Major Obstetric Haemorrhage (includes ante-partum haemorrhage), Uterine Inversion and Anaesthetic problems in pregnancy
- Updated modules: Teamworking, BLS and Maternal Collapse, Eclampsia, Cord Prolapse, Shoulder Dystocia, Vaginal Breech Birth, Fetal monitoring in labour and Newborn resuscitation
Who should attend?
The PROMPT 2 training package provides the opportunity for a multi-professional team of 4 staff from a maternity unit or institution to be trained as PROMPT Trainers. Teams participating in the training may consist of:
- Healthcare support workers
- Labour Ward Midwives
- Maternity Risk Managers and Educators
- Obstetric Anaesthetists
- Obstetric Nurses
After attending this meeting you will:
- Be familiar with the contents of the PROMPT Course in a Box
- Receive guidance on how to run multi-professional PROMPT Courses in your own unit
- Receive ideas and ‘serving suggestions’ for running practical hands-on obstetric emergencies drills and scenarios
- Be aware of the importance of integrating team working within the local clinical training
- Gain information on the 10 key steps to implementing effective PROMPT training
The PROMPT Maternity Foundation
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Nick Panay MRCOG, London
Honorary Deputy Director of Conferences
Mr Stergios Doumouchtsis MRCOG, London