The course is specifically designed for adult learners. We aim to equip you with the knowledge, skills & attitudes to prepare you for this rewarding, varied and at times challenging role. The day is very interactive, with lots of small group work and breakout sessions. It is essential training for all Consultants who wish to apply for the role of College Tutor. Led by an expert faculty, this one day, FREE course builds on the concepts and educational theory covered in the Training the Trainers course.
Places on this course are strictly limited to 32 and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
After completing this course you will:
- Have learnt about the structure of Post Graduate training
- Be able to navigate effectively around the e-Portfolio
- Have the knowledge to prepare your trainees and educational supervisors for the ARCP
- Be able to explain the difference between Appraisal and Assessment
- Have had the opportunity to be directly observed performing an induction appraisal and performing a difficult appraisal
- Know where to look and who to turn to for help and support
Who should attend?
- All Consultants who are considering to be or recently appointed to be a College Tutor role
- College Tutors who are looking to refresh or update their knowledge, skills, attitudes
Dr Daisy Nirmal MRCOG, Norfolk
Assistant Course Convernor
Professor Angie Doshani FRCOG, Leicester
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Nick Panay FRCOG, London
Honorary Deputy Director of Conferences
Mr Philip Toozs-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham