This course has been designed for trainees and trainers who are not able to attend a local course or who are coming from outside the UK to participate in training. This is also an opportunity for new faculty who want to run the course locally as part of the RCOG franchised course programme.
The aim of ROBuST is to provide instruction and hands-on practice in all methods of operative vaginal birth (both non-rotational and rotational) to facilitate the achievement of the OSATS competencies on the RCOG Training matrix. Techniques for performing a Caesarean Section at full dilatation are also covered. The course consists of short lectures, hands-on workshops and small group discussions on teamwork and communication.
The cost of the course is inclusive of the ROBuST course manual (and Trainer’s manual for new trainers).
Spaces on this course is strictly limited to 16 places for Trainees and 6 for Trainers.
- To develop your skills in performing operative vaginal birth, by tuition and hands-on practice
- To learn the technical and non-technical skills necessary to manage delay in the second stage of labour
- To facilitate the achievement of the relevant skills in the RCOG training matrix
- Learn how to deliver ROBuST Training in your hospital or unit
- Brush up on techniques required to teach the course
- Discover how RCOG franchised courses work
Who Should Attend?
- Trainees: Trainee levels ST1-ST3 only
- Trainers: Consultants or senior Midwives whose institutions have applied to run, consider running or run an RCOG Operative Birth Simulation Training Course
Convenor of ROBuST
Dr George Attilakos MRCOG, London
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Philip Toozs-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham
Deputy Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Andrew Sizer FRCOG, Shropshire