The course is specifically designed for adult learners. We aim to equip you with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to prepare you for this rewarding, varied and at times challenging role. The day is very interactive, with lots of small group work and breakout sessions. It is essential training for all Consultants who wish to apply for the role of College Tutor. Led by an expert faculty, this one day, FREE course builds on the concepts and educational theory covered in the Training the Trainers course.
Places on this course are strictly limited to 32 and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
After completing this course you will:
- Have the knowledge and skills to function as an effective College Tutor
- Have the knowledge to prepare your trainees and educational supervisors for the ARCP
- Having an understanding of conflict resolution and the opportunity to be directly observed performing a difficult appraisal
- Participate in a Mock ARCP
- Know where to look and who to turn to for help and support
Who should attend?
- All Consultants who are considering to be or recently appointed as a College Tutor
- College Tutors who are looking to refresh or update their knowledge, skills and attitudes
Dr Daisy Nirmal MRCOG, Norfolk
Assistant Course Convenor
Professor Angie Doshani FRCOG, Leicester
Honorary Director of Conferences
Mr Philip Toozs-Hobson FRCOG, Birmingham
Honorary Deputy Director of Conferences
Mr Andrew Sizer FRCOG, Shrewsbury