The aim of the course is to provide instruction and hands-on practice in all methods of operative vaginal birth (both non-rotational and rotational) to facilitate the achievement of the OSAT competencies on the RCOG Training matrix.
Techniques for performing a Caesarean Section at full dilatation are also covered. The course consists of short lectures, hands-on workshops and small group discussions on teamwork and communication.
- To develop your skills in performing operative vaginal birth, by tuition and hands-on practice
- To learn the technical and non-technical skills necessary to manage delay in the second stage of labour
- To facilitate the achievement of the relevant skills in the RCOG Training matrix
Who should attend
- ST1- ST3- training in Instrumental deliveries and LCSCS at full dilatation
- ST4- ST5- To gain full insight
- ST6-ST7- For medico-legal issues and teaching junior trainees Senior Midwives
Education Centre, Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Calow, S44 5BL
Mr Indranil Dutta
Dr Santhi Chidambaram