The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) and The PROMPT Maternity Foundation (PMF) are working together to improve intrapartum outcomes through better care and effective training.
PROMPT (PRactical Obstetric Multi-Professional Training) is an evidence based multi-professional obstetric emergencies training package that has been developed by PMF for use in local maternity units.
Implementation of PROMPT has been associated with improved outcomes in the UK, USA, Australia, Philippines and Zimbabwe.
This training package consists of interactive drills and workshops that provide “hands on” experience of practical and decision making skills required to manage simulated obstetric emergency situations in both low and high risk maternity settings.
- Be familiar with the contents of the PROMPT 3 ‘Course in a Box’
- Receive guidance on how to run multi-professional PROMPT courses in your own unit
- Receive ideas and ‘serving suggestions’ for running practical hands-on obstetric emergencies drills and scenarios
- Receive guidance on how to run a local multi-professional maternal critical care training course
- Be aware of the importance of integrating team working within the local clinical training
- Be informed about the implementation of effective local PROMPT training
- Be informed on the evaluation of local PROMPT training