Committee elections are designed to provide international members with an opportunity to play an active role in selecting their College representation in the form of an elected IRC.
The IRC will convey members’ views and interests in front of College leadership and support communication between the College and its members.
All International Committee elections are open and transparent processes that are accessible to all active Members and Fellows with up-to-date subscriptions.
We kindly ask you to refrain from canvassing and respect your peers by keeping all communications professional and courteous.
- RCOG International team circulates (via email) all relevant documents to notify members of the nomination process to take place.
- This should include:
- IRC Member/Fellow/Chair Nomination Form
- Member/Fellow/Chair Election Process Overview
- Election regulations
- Closing date to be 2 weeks following despatch of nomination forms
- Send completed nomination forms to email@example.com
- After the closing date, if more nominations are received than there are vacancies a vote will take place. The International Membership team will email Ballot Forms to all active RCOG zone/country members.
- Ballot Forms will contain a short summary of all nominees, so members can familiarise themselves with potential candidates.
- Closing date to be two weeks following despatch of papers.
- Ballot forms must be completed and returned by individual emails allocated to member profiles. Ballot forms cannot be forwarded to another person.
- Any improperly or incorrectly filled in ballot shall be declared to be invalid.
- Votes are tallied.
- The International team will contact the successful candidates and send out a notifying email.
- If the candidate accepts their role, email notifications will be sent out to all members and fellows in the country. The RCOG database will be updated with the relevant information.