This page provides information about the training package provided in the Excellence in: Obstetrics Skills course for low-resource contexts.
The full course is three days plus one day of training-the-trainers.
Individual modules can be chosen instead of the full course.
- Partograph use
- Breech delivery
- Adult and neo-natal resuscitation
- Airway, breathing, circulation
- Shock and the unconscious patient
- Observations and Early Warning Scores
- Pre-eclampsia and Eclampsia
- Obstructed labour
- Prevention, management and psycho-social impact of fistula
- Vacuum delivery
- Cord prolapse and uterine inversion
- Antenatal care
- Early pregnancy complications
- Manual vacuum aspiration
- Post-partum family planning
- Post-operative c-section observations
- Shoulder dystocia
- Professional behaviour, respectful care, communication and referral