The RCOG is committed to supporting training and lifelong learning for our Fellows, Members and Trainees, recognising that during the COVID-19 pandemic frontline care must be the priority.
RCOG exams, courses, conferences and events
- The Part 3 MRCOG exam due to take place on 11–14 May 2020 has been postponed. We will be in touch with all eligible candidates once a new date has been confirmed. We are in discussions with Postgraduate Deans to minimise the impact to progression through the UK training programme. Find out more.
- The April 2020 DRCOG exam has also been postponed and we have contacted candidates regarding refunds and information on future diets. Find out more.
- The Part 1 and Part 2 MRCOG exams due to take place in July have been postponed until September. Find out more - Part 1 and Part 2.
Courses, conferences and events
- All planned RCOG clinical events until the end of May 2020 have been cancelled. The Events team has contacted all affected speakers, delegates and exhibitors with details of how to transfer or cancel bookings. Find out more.
- Our 2020 World Congress, scheduled to be held in Oman on 25–28 March this year, has been re-scheduled for 28–30 January 2021. Find out more on the Congress website.
The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (TOG)
Our publishing partner, Wiley, has advised us that due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, they are ceasing all print and distribution services until further notice. This is because of the impact of lockdown policies and travel restrictions on supply chains, workflow and global air freight capacity.
This means that, unfortunately, you will not be receiving your usual print copy of TOG in April. All of the usual high-quality content, plus additional online-only content such as infographics and videos, will be available on the TOG app and TOG online, and we will alert you when the April issue is available.
To achieve CPD credits via the questions provided in TOG as part of the College’s CPD programme, please access the journal by signing into the College website and navigating to the ‘My Benefits’ section of your account.
Membership and Fellowship ceremonies
- The Membership Admission ceremony planned for May 2020 will not be going ahead. Plans for Membership and Fellowship ceremonies later in the year will be kept under review.
Education and training in the context of COVID-19
We understand that many trainees are concerned about the potential impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on their training and progression through the programme. We have been working with the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (AoMRC), Health Education England (HEE), General Medical Council (GMC) and the Conference of Postgraduate Medical Deans (COPMeD) to support our trainees in these extraordinary circumstances.
Find out more about education and training in the context of COVID-19.
CPD in the context of COVID-19
We understand that the cancellation or postponement of educational courses and meetings will reduce access to some educational resources. The 2019 RCOG CPD Framework includes a number of alternative activities. We also anticipate your appraiser will be sympathetic if you are unable to complete the number of CPD credits recommended in the RCOG CPD Framework.
Find out more about CPD in the context of COVID-19.
Medical Training Initiative (MTI) and COVID-19
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) has published guidance on immigration provisions for individuals affected by travel restrictions associated with COVID-19. Find out more on our MTI pages.
General COVID-19 information