The only information identified about washing or showering after hysteroscopy is patient information from NHS Choices. The section “What happens after a hysteroscopy” says “you can have a shower the same day or the next day”
(Evidence level IV)
Classification of evidence levels
- Ia Evidence obtained from meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.
- Ib Evidence obtained from at least one randomised controlled trial.
- IIa Evidence obtained from at least one well-designed controlled study without randomisation.
- IIb Evidence obtained from at least one other type of well-designed quasi-experimental study.
- III Evidence obtained from well-designed non-experimental descriptive studies, such as comparative studies, correlation studies and case studies.
- IV Evidence obtained from expert committee reports or opinions and/or clinical experience of respected authorities
The RCOG will not be liable for any special or consequential damages arising from the use or reliance on information contained within the query bank.