This guideline was produced by the National Collaborating Centre for Women’s and Children’s Health (NCC-WCH) on behalf of the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
The guideline provides evidence-based information for healthcare professionals and women about:
- the risks and benefits of planned CS compared with planned vaginal birth
- specific indications for CS
- effective management strategies to avoid CS
- anaesthetic and surgical aspects of care
- interventions to reduce morbidity from CS
- organisational and environmental factors that affect CS rates