This page sets out the process by which the RCOG responds to clinical queries.
- The RCOG Library team deals with clinical queries.
- Where relevant, we search the following databases:
- If we identify a systematic review that answers the enquiry and is less than 2 years old from these sources, the search will terminate here. Otherwise, we will search Medline.
- We will then appraise the research literature according to the standard hierarchy of evidence, as used in RCOG clinical guidelines, and summarise it. We can only fully appraise full-text English language articles available in the RCOG Library (print or electronic). Where an English language abstract is available, we may include it.
- We will add answers to queries to the query bank within the agreed time frame, and send an email to the enquirer advising them that the answer has been published.
- We can provide supporting documents at normal Library rates via our document delivery service. Where possible, we will provide links to electronic sources.
- In order to provide a timely response, this is not a full systematic review service. We can also undertake enquiries that fall outside the scope of this service. Please contact the Library with your request.
- Clinical query answers are not subject to the same editorial or review processes as RCOG guidelines and are not approved by the Clinical Quality Board.
Clinical query bank
We post the results of clinical queries, anonymously, in the clinical query bank in the Guidelines section of the RCOG website.
Submit a query
To submit a query, please complete the clinical query form.