This page outlines the process and charges for our document delivery service.
Temporary closure and partial services
Following our move to our new home in Union Street, the RCOG Reading Room will remain closed until the College fully reopens. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- Partial services on offer: The closure enables the staff to retain an online enquiry and research service whilst packing the Archive, Library and Museum collections for removal to Union Street.
- Contact email@example.com for all your online enquiries, such as: enquiry handling, access to e-journals and e-books, inter-library loans and literature searches. However, our response times may take a little longer than usual and we will not be able to provide document delivery from our print collections.
Requesting an article
To request an article, please send us the details of the article using one of the methods below:
- Document delivery form (available only to RCM members and RCOG Fellows, Members and registered Trainees)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 20 7772 6341
- Office hours are 9am to 5pm (UK time) Monday to Friday, excluding England/Wales bank holidays and College Closure Days.
- Post: RCOG Library, 10-18 Union Street, London, SE11SZ
For inter-library requests we require payment in advance by debit/credit card or cheque, using one of the methods below:
- Phone +44 20 7772 6341 during office hours (as stated above)
- Send a cheque, made payable to RCOG, to RCOG Library, 10-18 Union Street, London, SE1 1SZ
We will forward the requested material once we’ve received your payment.
Current charges for the document delivery service
RCOG Fellows, Members and registered Trainees; RCM Members and Student Members
Articles available from the RCOG/RCM collections:
Please note: there is no charge for eligible members to access our digital collections:
- Standard 3-day delivery: £12.00 per journal article
- Urgent delivery is dependent on the charges made by the supplying library; we will discuss these with you before proceeding
- £6.00 + VAT per journal article
- £10.00 + VAT for up to 20 pages and multiples thereof for larger documents
Terms and conditions
- The turnaround times quoted are from receipt of a correctly completed order form and payment to the time that the completed order is dispatched to the requester.
- Library opening hours are stated above.
- Users requesting 1-day response times are strongly recommended to phone the Library (+44 20 7772 6309) to confirm that their request has been received.
- Requests for difficult to handle material and large orders will fall outside of the advertised turnaround times. We will discuss turnaround times with the requester before proceeding.
- Photocopying of pre-1900 material is at the librarian’s discretion.
- Under current copyright law, it is not permitted to copy more than one article from the same issue of a journal for the same person.
- All copying is for non-commercial research or private study only.
- Once an article has been copied or ordered from another library, the request cannot be cancelled.
- Where incorrect or incomplete details are given, the article will still be charged.
- Requesters who have indicated that they wish to proceed to inter-library loan if an item cannot be supplied from the RCOG/RCM collections are liable to pay the full higher charge for all inter-library loans.
Other services and charges
The RCOG Library also offers the following services:
There is a photocopier available for use in the RCOG Library.
Visitors who wish to use their own digital camera to record material from the collections will be charged £5.00 per day.
Depending on the condition of the object, some items from the collections are available for hire by commercial organisations at a cost of £100.00 + VAT per object per day. Borrowers are expected to cover any transport costs associated with the hire.
If you have any questions, or need more information, please email email@example.com or call +44 20 7772 6309.