Union Street update – October 2020
The new Arulkumaran Reading and Quiet Room and Heritage Collections are closed until further notice during the temporary closure of Union Street due to COVID-19.
The Library continues to support the O&G clinical community with essential information supporting COVID-19 guidelines and by delivering an online and telephone service wherever possible – please see the details below. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Library collections for RCOG and Royal College of Midwives (RCM)
- Online enquiry and research service
- Access to e-journals and e-books
- Literature searches
- Document delivery for online articles only as we do not have access to our print collections - although response times may be extended
- The Library catalogue is not available online at this time. Please contact the library team to search the print collections on your behalf
- You can contact the Library Team via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 020 7772 6309
- Post: Library Team, 10-18 Union Street, London SE1 1SZ
Requesting an article
To request an article, please send us the details of the article using one of the methods below:
- Document delivery form (available only to RCM members and RCOG Fellows, Members and registered Trainees)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 20 7772 6309
- Office hours are 9am to 5pm (UK time) Monday to Friday, excluding England/Wales bank holidays and College Closure Days.
- Post: RCOG Library, 10-18 Union Street, London, SE11SZ
For inter-library requests we require payment in advance by debit/credit card or cheque, using one of the methods below:
- Phone +44 20 7772 6309 during office hours (as stated above)
- Send a cheque, made payable to RCOG, to RCOG Library, 10-18 Union Street, London, SE1 1SZ
We will forward the requested material once we’ve received your payment.
Current charges for the document delivery service
RCOG Fellows, Members and registered Trainees; RCM Members and Student Members
Articles available from the RCOG/RCM collections:
Please note: there is no charge for eligible members to access our digital collections:
- Standard 3-day delivery: £12.00 per journal article
- Urgent delivery is dependent on the charges made by the supplying library; we will discuss these with you before proceeding
- £6.00 + VAT per journal article
- £10.00 + VAT for up to 20 pages and multiples thereof for larger documents
Terms and conditions
- The turnaround times quoted are from receipt of a correctly completed order form and payment to the time that the completed order is dispatched to the requester.
- Library opening hours are stated above.
- Users requesting 1-day response times are strongly recommended to phone the Library (+44 20 7772 6309) to confirm that their request has been received.
- Requests for difficult to handle material and large orders will fall outside of the advertised turnaround times. We will discuss turnaround times with the requester before proceeding.
- Photocopying of pre-1900 material is at the librarian’s discretion.
- Under current copyright law, it is not permitted to copy more than one article from the same issue of a journal for the same person.
- All copying is for non-commercial research or private study only.
- Once an article has been copied or ordered from another library, the request cannot be cancelled.
- Where incorrect or incomplete details are given, the article will still be charged.
- Requesters who have indicated that they wish to proceed to inter-library loan if an item cannot be supplied from the RCOG/RCM collections are liable to pay the full higher charge for all inter-library loans.
Other services and charges
The RCOG Library also offers the following services:
There is a photocopier available for use in the RCOG Library.
Visitors who wish to use their own digital camera to record material from the collections will be charged £5.00 per day.
Depending on the condition of the object, some items from the collections are available for hire by commercial organisations at a cost of £100.00 + VAT per object per day. Borrowers are expected to cover any transport costs associated with the hire.
If you have any questions, or need more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 20 7772 6309.