We are delighted to share the Annual Review 2016/17, which highlights the RCOG’s many key achievements and successes over the past year.
The review showcases examples of the tremendous contributions made by staff, members, women and lay advisors and by a whole range of partner organisations. The involvement of our global membership and the input of countless other individuals is invaluable in helping us achieve our goal of improving health care for women in the UK and globally.
Among the key achievements include:
- Our national quality improvement programme, Each Baby Count, published its first annual report which called for more robust and comprehensive local reviews
- The College was awarded £2m contract by HQIP to deliver the new National Maternity and Perinatal Audit (NMPA), a large scale audit of the NHS maternity services
- Leading Safe Choices undertook its first training of Master Trainers in Postpartum Family Planning in Moshi, Tanzania
- Professor Lesley Regan elected new President, the first female to take up the position in 64 years
- New team of RCOG officers elected to lead the College
- Launch of the National Guideline Alliance, a multi-specialty guideline development centre, funded by NICE
- 17 pieces of clinical guidance published, including new guidelines on Zika virus in pregnancy, prevention of group B strep and bladder pain syndrome
- 70 patient information leaflets available on various conditions
- Fellows, members and friends of the College climb Mt Kilimanjaro raised £60,000 for pilots of the Essential Gynaecology Skills course
- RCOG team of 11 members, staff, family and friends took part in Prudential RideLondon and raise £16,000 for Each Baby Counts
Please do visit the website, where you can find out what CEO Ian Wylie is most proud of in his Q&A video and hear about Lesley Regan’s first year of being the president of the RCOG.
Note to Editors
For media enquiries please contact the RCOG press office on +44 (0)20 7045 6773 or email email@example.com
About the RCOG
The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists is a medical charity that champions the provision of high quality women’s healthcare in the UK and beyond. It is dedicated to encouraging the study and advancing the science and practice of obstetrics and gynaecology. It does this through postgraduate medical education and training and the publication of clinical guidelines and reports on aspects of the specialty and service provision.