The Intercollegiate Group on FGM invites you to join us to look back and discuss developments and progress since the publication of Tackling FGM in the UK: Intercollegiate recommendations for identifying, recording and reporting in November 2013.
- Date: Monday 23 June 2014
- Venue: Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, 27 Sussex Place, Regent’s Park, London, NW1 4RG
- Start: 14:00 prompt
- Reception: 16:30
Chair: Susan Bookbinder, journalist and campaigner
Keynote speaker: Norman Baker MP, Minister for Crime Prevention
Other speakers include:
- Sue Berelowitz, Deputy Children’s Commissioner
- Muna Hassan, Girls Peer Educator, Bristol young people’s grassroots campaign to end FGM
- Leyla Hussein, FGM survivor
- Louise Silverton, Director of Midwifery, Royal College of Midwives
- The Metropolitan Police
- Efua Dorkenoo
Places will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Please apply to Sam.Manners@rcn.org.uk by Wednesday 11 June.