This revised information is for you if you’re considering travelling by air when pregnant. The information is relevant for all lengths of flights.
This information leaflet covers:
- Whether flying while pregnant can harm you or your baby
- Whether you can wear a seatbelt
- The safest time to fly during pregnancy
- Risks of flying while pregnant, and how to reduce the risks
- Circumstances when you may be advised not to fly
- Making a decision about whether or not to fly
This patient information leaflet is based on the RCOG Scientific Impact Paper Air Travel and Pregnancy, which contains a full list of the sources of evidence used to produce this guidance.