Having a miscarriage can be very distressing. To have several miscarriages or a late miscarriage can be devastating. This information is for you if you have had three or more early miscarriages or one or more late miscarriages.
It tells you what we know about the reasons for recurrent miscarriage and late miscarriages, and recommendations for tests and treatment for couples in this situation. The aim is to help you and your healthcare team make the best decisions about your care. It is not meant to replace advice from a doctor or midwife about your own situation.
This information leaflet covers:
- Possible causes of recurrent and late miscarriage
- Why investigations are helpful
- What investigations you might be offered
- Your treatment options
- What happens if no cause is found
- What this means for you and your partner