Who we are
The Faculty of Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH) is a faculty of the RCOG. While the FSRH works closely with the RCOG, it is an independent organisation and has many of the functions of a medical royal college.
The Faculty is a multi-disciplinary and cross-specialty professional organisation. It has a UK membership of more than 15,000 doctors and nurses working in specialist sexual and reproductive healthcare services (SRH), general practice (GP), genitourinary medicine (GUM) and obstetrics and gynaecology (O&G).
What we do
The Faculty’s main activities are to:
- Manage the education of our members and organise the specialty medical training programme in community sexual and reproductive healthcare (CSRH)
- Develop and maintain qualifications and certification in SRH, including contraception, long-acting reversible contraception (LARC), abortion care, menopause care and gynaecological ultrasound
- Set service standards for the delivery of SRH in the UK
- Produce National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)-accredited clinical guidance
- Support the ongoing professional development of doctors and nurses providing SRH care, through conferences and other educational means
- Promote the evidence base for the delivery of care through the Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care, a peer-reviewed journal, in partnership with BMJ Publishing
The FSRH provides competitively priced membership and recognition for all SRH professionals at all stages throughout their career and beyond. Members are provided with access to relevant services and a range of membership benefits. The FSRH is committed to supporting members and continuously reviewing the services that members receive. Find out about the different grades of membership.
President: Dr Asha Kasliwal email@example.com
Vice President Strategy/Honorary Treasurer: Dr Jane Dickson firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President, General Training/Honorary Secretary: Dr Catherine Armitage email@example.com
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: The Faculty of Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 10-18 Union Street, London SE1 1SZ