Meeting dates (10:00 start unless stated)
- Friday 8 February 2019
- Friday 7 June 2019
- Friday 6 September 2019
- Friday 8 November 2019
The Curriculum Committee reports to the Specialty Education Advisory Committee (SEAC).
The Curriculum Committee:
- Is responsible for the content, format and updating of all College curricula – to include core, advanced and subspecialty.
- Ensures that the appropriate assessment tools are developed and incorporated into the curriculum framework.
- Considers curricular changes and new curricula for all curricula, ensuring that all such changes receive appropriate scrutiny from other college bodies, e.g. Trainees Committee, Womens Network
- Receives and considers proposed curricular changes from the Advanced Training Committee and the Subspecialty Committee.
- Ensures that, together, all curricula form a coherent programme of learning.
- Recommends any changes needed to knowledge criteria for the Core Curriculum to the Examinations and Assessment Committee.
- Commissions further curricular elements as requested by the Specialty Education Advisory Committee, or Education Board.
- Prepares curriculum submissions to the GMC on behalf of the Education Board, in conjunction with the Advanced Training Committee and Subspecialty Committee where appropriate.
- Provides the evidence of review, consultation and quality control required by the GMC. The Committee will work to the standards defined by the GMC and those of the Public Sector Equality Duty.
- Ensures that all elements of O&G curricula are coherent and up to date
- Responds to requests for elements of all curricula curriculum to be changed in accordance with changes in practice and reflect modern UK developments.
- Works with other College committees to allow an integrated approach across all aspects of the curriculum and training programme.
- Meets 4 times per year (with remote working groups and workshops as required) and reports to SEAC and carries out ongoing work to develop the curricula.
Frequency of meetings
4 times a year
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6319
- Dr Alastair Campbell FRCOG
- Dr Mary Twomey – RCOG Women’s Network representative
- Dr Fiona Clarke FRCOG – Foundation Lead
- Dr Sharon Fan – Trainees' Committee representative (ST1–5 representative)
- Dr Sarah Coleridge MRCOG – Trainees' Committee representative (ST6–7 representative)
- Dr Nandini Gupta FRCOG – College Tutor/Training Programme Director
- Mr Colin Duncan FRCOG – Chair, Examination and Assessment Committee
- Mr Rehan Khan MRCOG – Assessment Advisor (Workplace Based)
- Dr Manjiri Khare FRCOG – Ultrasound Officer
- Dr Catherine Schunmann MRCOG – Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare representative
- Jane MacDougall – Deputy Chair, Specialty Education Advisory Committee
- Professor Janice Rymer FRCOG – Vice President, Education
- Dr Dimitrios Siassakos MRCOG – Simulation Adviser
- Ms Kim Scrivener – Senior Director of Education
- Ms Bettina Cayetano – Head of Education Policy
- Dr Paul Moran – Curriculum Adviser
Note: One of the members must be nominated to be member of the Advanced Training Committee.