Meeting dates (10:00 start unless stated)
- 2 February
- 15 June
- 13 September
- 15 November
The Core Curriculum Committee reports to the Specialty Education Advisory Committee (SEAC).
The Core Curriculum Committee:
- Is responsible for the regular, systematic review of all the modules of the core curricula. The Committee will decide the structure for these reviews. This will be part of a continuous feedback mechanism from trainers, trainees, patients and others.
- Ensures that the appropriate assessment tools are developed and incorporated into the core curriculum framework.
- Considers curricular changes and new curricula for the core curriculum. Committee members will each be allocated responsibility for a specific number of modules, depending on their expertise.
- Commissions further curricular elements as requested by the Specialty Education Advisory Committee, or Education Board.
- Prepares core curriculum submissions to the General Medical Council (GMC) on behalf of the Education Board.
- Reviews the content of relevant text about the core curricula on the RCOG website.
- Provides the evidence of review and quality control required by the GMC. The Committee will work to the standards defined by the GMC and those of the Public Sector Equality Duty.
- Ensures that all elements of the core curriculum are coherent and up to date
- Responds to requests for elements of the core curriculum to be changed in accordance with changes in practice and reflect modern UK developments.
- Works with other College committees to allow an integrated approach across all aspects of the curriculum and training programme.
- Meets four times per year (with remote working groups and workshops as required) and reports to SEAC and carries out ongoing work to develop the core curriculum.
Frequency of meetings
Four times a year
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6319
- Dr Alastair Campbell FRCOG
- Dr Mary Twomey – RCOG Women’s Network representative
- Dr Fiona Clarke FRCOG – Foundation Lead
- Dr Sharon Fan – Trainees' Committee representative (ST1–5 representative)
- Dr Sarah Coleridge MRCOG – Trainees' Committee representative (ST6–7 representative)
- Dr Nandini Gupta FRCOG – College Tutor/Training Programme Director
- Mr Colin Duncan FRCOG – Chair, Examination and Assessment Committee
- Mr Rehan Khan MRCOG – Assessment Advisor (Workplace Based)
- Dr Manjiri Khare FRCOG – Ultrasound Officer
- Dr Catherine Schunmann MRCOG – Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare representative
- Jane MacDougall – Deputy Chair, Specialty Education Advisory Committee
- Professor Janice Rymer FRCOG – Vice President, Education
- Dr Dimitrios Siassakos MRCOG – Simulation Adviser
- Ms Kim Scrivener – Senior Director of Education and Assessment
- Ms Bettina Cayetano – Head of Education Policy
- Dr Paul Moran – Curriculum Adviser
Note: One of the members must be nominated to be member of the Advanced Training Committee.