Members of F&GPC can download meeting papers here (please note you will need to be signed into the website).
Meeting dates (10:00 start)
- 16 February
- 16 March
- 3 May
- 1 June
- 20 July
- 7 September
- 5 October
- 2 November
- 7 December
The committee will:
- Report to the Board of Trustees.
- Assist the Officers in developing a strategy for the College.
- Review and recommend changes to RCOG Regulations.
- Perform, on behalf of the Board, matters of routine business.
- Recommend to Trustees and Council changes in Chairs and committee membership depending on the relevant reporting structure.
- Consider the remit and need for existing committees on an at least annual basis.
- Submit recommendations to establish working parties, their remit and membership to the Trustees and Council within their respective delegated authority.
- To consider recommendations received from Officers and to make recommendations to Council of Honorary Fellows, Fellows ad eundem, Fellows honoris causa and Members without examination.
- Approve awards for scholarships, prizes and fellowships.
- Nominate those to be awarded eponymous lectures.
- Review annual revenue and capital budgets and recommend to the Trustees.
- Receive and critically appraise monthly management accounts and any other financial statements as required or requested.
- Review year end out-turns.
- Review annual subscriptions, examination fees, registration fees and other charges to Fellows, Members and Trainees.
- Consider exceptional expenditure not included in the approved annual budget, within the limits set out in the Standing Financial Instructions.
- Annually review the Investment Policy Statement and recommend to the Trustees.
- Note changes in staff, staff structure and consider changes to the terms and conditions of employment.
- Review and recommend contracts with suppliers and government agencies that commit the College to expenditure of £250k or over, per annum.
- Receive the minutes of the following committees:
- Receive recommendations from all College committees where these have a personnel or unbudgeted and/or significant financial impact.
4. Meeting arrangements
- A quorum will be 5 members, at least 3 of whom will be non-executive.
- The Committee will generally meet monthly, except for August.
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6242
- Senior Vice President, Strategic Development: Prof Mary Ann Lumsden FRCOG
- President: Prof Lesley Regan FRCOG
- Vice President, Clinical Quality: Mr Edward Morris FRCOG
- Vice President, Education: Prof Janice Rymer FRCOG
- Vice President, Global Health: Mr Hani Fawzi FRCOG
- Vice President, UK and Global Membership: Dr Alison Wright FRCOG
- Fellows’ representative from Council: Miss Susan Ward FRCOG
- Fellows’ representative from Council: Mr Pat O'Brien FRCOG
- Trainees' Committee representative: Dr Jonathan Frost MRCOG or Dr Adalina Sacco MRCOG
- Lay Trustee: Ms Kate Mathers
- Chief Executive: Mr Ian Wylie
- Deputy Chief Executive: Mr Fred Emden
- Executive Director, Education & Quality: Ms Linda Burke
- Executive Director, External Affairs: Ms Claire Dunn
- Executive Director, Resources: Ms Rachel Dell
- Executive Director, NGA: Mr Gary Waltham
- Director of Finance: Ms Fiona Donaldson