Join a network of professionals
Demonstrate your expertise with the DRCOG
The DRCOG is a proven way to demonstrate knowledge of women’s health care, especially for general practitioners (GPs).
The exam is an assessment of knowledge and clinical problem solving, and is relevant to current UK practice in primary care.
We want to build a network of motivated professionals who feel their experience and expertise can be validated by the DRCOG.
By gaining the DRCOG qualification, you will:
- Demonstrate your interest in women’s health and expand your knowledge
- Provide evidence of knowledge for extended roles or specialisation in larger GP practices
- Complement and support your knowledge base for the women’s health element of the MRCGP
Who should take the DRCOG?
- GPs who want to improve and demonstrate their knowledge and interest in women’s health.
- Foundation Year Two Doctors (FY2), Core Training Doctors (CT) and GP Specialty Training Doctors (GPST) especially during their O&G placements
- GP Registrars (especially during O&G placement) – ST1/ST3
- Any medically-qualified practitioner who wishes to improve and demonstrate their knowledge and interest in women’s health
- Doctors working in O&G departments not intending to sit MRCOG
- Doctors working in private women’s health clinics
- Associate Members who wish to obtain an RCOG qualification in women’s health
"I found the DRCOG really helped me improve my knowledge of women’s health, enriching and enhancing what I learnt on my obstetrics and gynaecology placement as a GP trainee. I would recommend it to all GPs and GPs in training who wish to improve their knowledge of women's health."
Dr Alexandra May
Salaried GP, Liverpool
MBChB MRCGP DRCOG Silver medal winner
Join our network and stay up to date