This page provides details of the benefits of being on the RCOG Trainees’ Register for UK trainees only.
International trainees can become an RCOG Associate member in order to access a range of benefits.
If you have any general questions about the Trainees’ Register, please email the Trainees’ Coordinator or call +44 20 7772 9955. Contact details relating to specific benefits are listed below.
StratOG is the RCOG’s eLearning resource, supporting clinical training in O&G. Trainees who are up to date with their Trainees’ Register fees can access:
- Core Training eTutorials: the 98 Core Training eTutorials mirror the core curriculum modules - interactive and stimulating, the eTutorials are structured to support busy training schedules and to develop knowledge alongside skill
- Resources to support technical skills, for example instrumental delivery and perineal repair
- Resources to support non-technical skills, including resources on workplace-based assessments and workplace behaviour
- Teaching resources: case studies and discussion questions taken from the Core Training eTutorials, which can be used for focused revision for the Part 2 MRCOG exam without the tutorial content and structure.
- Workplace videos: videos showing best practice in workplace-based assessment, and also bullying, harassment and undermining behaviour in the workplace and how to deal with these issues constructively
- Some of the online lectures: recorded lectures from RCOG events and courses
- A series of CPD case studies, aimed at consultants but also suitable for trainees
View the free uterine cavity surgery module to see an example of a StratOG tutorial.
Electronic Fetal Monitoring resource (eFM)
- 70% discount on eFM: award-winning eLearning programme designed to support learning and assessment in intrapartum fetal monitoring
Contact the StratOG team
For more details, email the StratOG team or call +44 20 7772 6431.
The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (TOG) is the RCOG’s editorially independent journal for education and continuing professional development. Trainees on the Trainees’ Register receive a quarterly mailing of TOG and online access to the journal.
Contact the TOG team
For more details, email the TOG team or call +44 20 7772 6301.
20% discount on Cambridge University Press Academic titles
In 2013 the College sold its book publishing business (RCOG Press) to Cambridge University Press. We are now working together to develop resources for RCOG Trainees, Fellows and Members, including exam preparation and revision books. For more information and to get information about claiming your discount, sign up to alerts to hear directly from Cambridge about new publications, or visit the Cambridge website to browse their catalogue.
Contact Cambridge University Press
To contact Cambridge customer services, email email@example.com or call +44 1223 358331.
All UK trainees appointed since August 2008 are given access to the O&G Training ePortfolio to record their training experiences and achievements. For more information, including helpsheets providing guidance on using the ePortfolio, please visit the Training ePortfolio page.
Contact the ePortfolio team
For more details, email the ePortfolio Coordinator or call +44 20 7772 6283.
Training News is a triannual e-newsletter containing updates on educational developments at the College and important news for trainees on the specialty training programme in O&G.
Reduced subscription to BJOG
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology is the RCOG’s editorially independent, peer-reviewed journal publishing the best clinically relevant original research in women's health. UK Trainees on the Trainees’ Register get a 50% discount on the annual subscription to BJOG. To subscribe, call +44 1865 778315 (please note: this is not an RCOG number) or visit the BJOG website.
Contact the BJOG team
For more information about subscribing, please call our publishing partner Wiley on +44 1865 778315.
For general queries about the journal, please email the BJOG team or call +44 20 7772 6236.
The RCOG Trainees’ Committee represents those undertaking training in O&G in the UK. Trainees on the Trainees’ Register are:
- Kept informed automatically of Trainees’ Committee activities
- Entitled to vote for their regional representative, who will sit on the Trainees’ Committee
- Kept informed about Trainees’ Committee meetings by their regional representative.
Contact the Trainees’ Committee
For contact details, please visit the Trainees’ Representatives page.
O&G News is the RCOG’s monthly e-newsletter to its members, keeping you up to date with the specialty and with College news.
Contact the O&G News team
If you have any comments or suggestions for O&G News, please email the PR team.
O&G is the membership magazine from the RCOG. Trainees on the Trainees’ Register receive a triannual mailing of the magazine and online access.
Contact the O&G team
If you have any comments or suggestions for O&G magazine, please email the Membership Services team.
Free trainee membership of ISUOG
All UK RCOG trainees with an NTN are eligible for free trainee membership of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG), including free online access to their journal, Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (UOG, or the White Journal). Membership is free until you gain CCT. To activate your membership:
- Go to the ISUOG registration page
- Complete the registration form, including creating a password
- When you select ‘Trainee Membership’, a ‘Trainee Code’ field will appear at the top of the registration form – enter your trainee discount number (RCOG followed by your College registration number, e.g. RCOG123456) into this field
- Please make sure you keep your contact details up to date – you can do this once you’ve registered by logging in and going to ‘My Details’.
For all queries related to ISUOG trainee membership, please email ISUOG or call them on +44 20 7772 9955.
Subscribe to the UK Trainees’ Register
UK trainees can subscribe to the Trainees’ Register. Find out how to subscribe.