Applications for MTI 2019 are now open.
You must provide a complete application with all the documents listed below.
Please clearly state your name and RCOG registration number on each document.
All forms should be downloaded, completed and emailed to email@example.com before the deadline of Friday 1 February 2019.
Any incomplete applications will not be considered.
1-4: Combine your own documents into a bundle
The following documents 1-4 should be completed and combined into one single document (bundle).
You must send this bundle attached in one single email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following email subject:
MTI Application 2019 _ [your name] _ [your RCOG registration number]
- Application form – MTI 2019 Application form.
- Scanned copy of your valid IELTS certificate OR scanned copy of your Occupational English Test (OET). This must be valid until the end of December 2019.
- Scanned copy of the Assessment of Training (AoT) letter from the RCOG Examination Department, confirming your assessment of training for the Part 2 MRCOG.
- Scanned copy of your passport
The combined bundle should also include scanned copies of any relevant certificates, publications, or additional documents.
All of the above documents must be sent in ONE (1) email, ideally in the same bundle. We will not be able to track documents for MTI application sent in separate emails and different dates. Before submitting the application, please make sure all required documents for the application are correctly attached and complete.
5-7: References, interview and HoD forms
The following documents 5-7 must be completed and sent to email@example.com directly by/from the supervisors, IRC Chair, and Head of Department themselves.
- Two professional references – MTI 2019 reference form.
- You must ask two (2) referees to complete the reference form for you. One of these must be someone who currently supervises your training.
- Referees should be Members or Fellows of the RCOG but we will accept references from other supervisors should you have problems with contacting Fellows or Members.
- Reference forms must be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org separately, and must come directly from the referees themselves.
- Interview form – This has been sent directly to the Chairs of the International Representative Committees.
This form will be accessible only by your interviewer.
- The interview form must be completed during a face-to-face (or Skype) interview with the Chair of the International Representative Committee (IRC) in your country, or the country in which you are working.
- Contact details of the Chair in your country are listed on the International Representative Committee pages of the Global Health Community section of the website.
- You must ensure that you contact the Chair in good time, well before the deadline for applications. Please ensure that you give approximately 3 weeks’ notice to your Chairman and send your CV to them in advance of your appointment so they have full knowledge of your academic and professional experience before your interview.
- If there is no IRC in your country or you have difficulties in contacting the Chair of your IRC, we will accept Interviews conducted by a Fellow of the RCOG.
- Once you identify the Fellow who agrees to conduct the interview, you must ask them to contact us directly via email@example.com to obtain the interview form and instructions.
- In exceptional circumstances, where there is no IRC Chair/ Fellow able to conduct the interview in the country or nearby, the interview will be arranged with the MTI Officer. Please make sure you let us know in advance and book your time slot for the Skype interview. Interviews will be held on Monday 17 December 2018.
- The interview form must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the IRC Chair/Fellow themselves.
- Head of department (HoD) form – MTI 2019 HoD form.
Your Head of Department must complete and send the form directly to email@example.com.
If you do not have a direct Head of Department, please ask the most senior supervisor in O&G to complete this form.
Please note that the HoD must not be one of your two professional referees.