This information is for you if you have epilepsy and want to know more about epilepsy in pregnancy. It may also be helpful if you are a partner, relative or friend of someone who has epilepsy and is pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Information covered in this leaflet
- What having epilepsy means for you and your baby
- What to think about before becoming pregnant if you have epilepsy
- If you find out you are pregnant but were not planning a baby
- Extra care you will receive during pregnancy
- Giving birth to your baby
- After your baby is born
This patient information leaflet is based on the RCOG clinical guideline Epilepsy in pregnancy which contains a full list of the sources of evidence used to produce this guidance.