The vulva is the area surrounding the opening of the vagina. It includes the labia (the inner and outer vaginal lips) and the clitoris.
This information is for you if you want to know about skin conditions affecting the vulva. It includes:
- Symptoms of vulval skin conditions
- Whether you need to see a doctor
- What will happen when you see your doctor
- Whether you will need tests
- The conditions that might be causing your symptoms
- What treatments you might be offered
- Tips for care of the vulva
This patient information leaflet is based on the RCOG clinical guideline Management of Vulval Skin Disorders, which contains a full list of the sources of evidence used to produce this guidance.