Meetings (11 – 12.30)
Quarterly (3x virtual meetings and 1x face-to-face meeting at the RCOG)
- Thursday 14 December
The Clinical Quality Assurance Group reports to the Clinical Quality Board.
- Develop and maintain an overall framework for the quality assurance of all clinical quality products, from topic proposal to final draft stage.
- Quality assurance of all CQ products as follows:
Ensure that the products meet the RCOG quality standard, and that patient safety is paramount. This includes (but is not limited to) the following prescribed QA checks to be undertaken at peer review stage:
- Evidence based
- Risk and controversy
- Considerations for publication
- Patient support groups
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Appropriate stakeholder input/collaboration
- Provide sign off for all CQ products via the quality assurance process and authorisation from the Chair of CQAG, referring to CQB as necessary.
- Where necessary, provide QA advice to other College Committees and work in other Directorates in relation to Clinical Quality
- Ensure that relevant information is shared with the appropriate partners for input where necessary, such as specialist societies, Ethics Committee etc. The Group will have the right to co-opt appropriate advisers for specific pieces of work.
- Provide assurance to CQ Board that the totality of the College’s CQ resource is integrated and coherent
- Evaluate the CQAG process and systems at annually.
- Chair – Geeta Kumar Vice President, Clinical Quality
- x3 Representatives from RCOG membership
- x1 Royal College of Midwives Representative
CQ Committee Representatives:
- Guidelines Committee
- Scientific Advisory Committee
- Patient Information Committee
- Patient Safety Committee
- Women’s Network
- Trainees’ Committee
RCOG staff representation:
- Executive Director, External Affairs
- Executive Director, Education, Quality & Projects
- Director, Clinical Quality
- Head of Quality Improvement
- Head of Patient and Public Involvement
- Guidance Editorial Manager
- Guidance Programme Manager
- Specialist Society Representative
- Ethics Committee Representative
On an as required basis, the Education and/or Global Health Directorates may be invited to CQAG to:
- ensure linking up/avoidance of duplication
- share information/review process and systems collaboratively
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.