Meeting dates (10:00 start)
- 21 January 2022
- 27 April 2022
- 9 September 2022
The Subspecialty Committee reports to Specialty Education Advisory Committee.
To advise and keep under review:
- The development of subspecialisation in the four fields of gynaecological oncology, reproductive medicine, maternal and fetal medicine and urogynaecology including requirements and regulations for subspecialist training and accreditation;
- The criteria and procedures for approval of subspecialty trainees, training programmes, and for subspecialist accreditation on completion of training.
- Ensures the curricula, requirements for training and the various application and report forms are reviewed and updated appropriately.
- Reviews applications and re-applications for recognition of subspecialty training centres.
- Undertakes visits to training centres in liaison with the Deanery and makes recommendations to the Deanery regarding the programmes on the basis of advice provided in the reports following the visits.
- Ensures centralised assessments for trainees in post are arranged.
- Makes recommendations to the SEAC regarding the award of certificates of Subspecialist Accreditation on the basis of advice provided in assessment report following trainee final review.
- Provides feedback to subspecialty programme training programme supervisors (STPS) on the progress of trainees based on information submitted in the assessors’ reports following subspecialty assessments.
- Provides feedback to the School for the annual review of competence progression (ARCP) on the progress of trainees based on information submitted in the assessors’ report following subspecialty assessments.
- Keeps statistics on current and past trainees, including manpower and funding information, and the number of centres and programmes approved.
Frequency of meetings
4 times a year
Education Policy Team
|Chair||Dr Karen Guerrero FRCOG|
|Vice Chair||Mr Andrew Drakeley FRCOG|
|2 representatives for Maternal and Fetal Medicine||Dr Christina Kam Hung Yu FRCOG
Prof Fionnuala McAuliffe FRCOG
|2 representatives for Reproductive Medicine||Mr Andrew Drakeley FRCOG
Mr Harish Bhandari MRCOG
|2 representatives for Gynaecological Oncology||Miss Elly Brockbank MRCOG
Mr Simon Butler-Manuel FRCOG
|2 representatives for Urogynaecology||Dr David Iles MRCOG
Dr Ashish Pradhan FRCOG
|1 Head of School from SEAC||Dr Karen Brackley FRCOG|
|1 representative from the trainees||Dr Jane Currie MRCOG|