Who we are
The British Menopause Society (BMS) is the specialist authority for menopause and post reproductive health in the UK.
Established in 1989, the BMS educates, informs and guides healthcare professionals, working in both primary and secondary care, on menopause and all aspects of post reproductive health.
This is achieved through:
- the BMS education programme which includes the BMS annual scientific conference, WHC annual symposium, menopause masterclasses and certificated education in the management of the menopause and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) for menopausal symptoms.
- the interactive BMS website which features the comprehensive Principles & Practice of Menopause Care (PPMC) Resources Toolkit, BMS TV: the menopause explained, and the online register of recognised BMS menopause specialists
- an extensive range of evidence-based, peer reviewed resources and publications including consensus statements, tools for clinicians, BMS bulletins and news alerts, the quarterly journal Post Reproductive Health and the definitive handbook Management of the Menopause
BMS membership is open to healthcare professionals and others specialising in post reproductive health. BMS members are valued as an essential part of the society, enjoying a wide range of membership benefits whilst providing vital support for the work of the society.
Women's Health Concern (WHC), the patient arm of the BMS since 2012, provides a confidential, independent service to advise, inform and reassure women about their gynaecological, sexual and post reproductive health.
The BMS mission is to:
- increase awareness of post reproductive healthcare issues
- promote optimal management through our educational programme, publications and information dissemination.
Chair: Dr Paula Briggs
Chief Executive: Sara Moger
Tel: +44 1628 890199
Address: The Barn, Dukes Place, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 2QH