Please note: the Joint Standing Committee for Patient Safety was formerly known as the Women’s Health Patient Safety Expert Group
Meeting dates (10:00 start)
- Thursday 1 February 2018
- Thursday 3 May 2018
- Thursday 19 July 2018
- Thursday 20 December 2018
The Joint Standing Committee for Patient Safety (JSCPS) reports to the Clinical Quality Board.
The purpose of the Joint Standing Committee for Patient Safety is to collaboratively improve the culture and safety for women and their babies receiving care across the UK.
Terms of reference
- To advise on NHS developments in the area of service safety and quality, and assess their potential impact on the service
- To influence national policies in relation to service through input to national consultations.
- Encouraging and supporting the development of new information sources on priority areas for patient safety.
- To consider the developing themes from College service reviews and develop advice for the membership, in particular clinical directors.
- To support clinical directors through input to the Clinical Directors’ Forum.
- Developing and running patient safety events.
- To develop service models in line with College recommendations.
- Identifying appropriate measures for success, evaluating and reporting progress
- Meeting four times a year and, where appropriate, providing advice on urgent issues between meetings.
- Report to the Clinical Quality Board
Membership will be multi-professional and include representation from the RCOG, RCM, and RCoA, as well as lay representation.
Additional membership may include relevant organisations in a position to promote learning and provide data on patient safety priorities, e.g. Confidential enquiries, national clinical audit programmes and research institutes. The group will have a core membership and wider membership that can be accessed for specific relevant issues.
If a member of the committee is not able to attend, they should nominate a deputy to attend in their place where possible.
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Tel: +44 20 7772 6268