Meeting dates (10:00 start)
Quarterly (3x virtual meetings and 1x face-to-face meeting at the RCOG)
- Thursday 1 February
- Thursday23 May
- Thursday 5 September
- Thursday 28 November
The Patient Safety Committee to the Clinical Quality Assurance Group (CQAG) and Clinical Quality Board (CQB).
The purpose of the Patient Safety Committee (PSC) is to provide a cohesive network for developing guidance and information sharing within women’s health across national and regional organisations and networks.
This will enable the RCOG to identify where it can add value in providing:
- Feedback on consultations and requests for information on patient safety issues within women’s health.
- Non-clinical guidance on ‘good practice’ to ensure delivery of best possible care for women.
- Advice on how to ensure appropriate consent.
- A biennial Quality Improvement event, which aims to inspire and support healthcare professionals working to improve quality and safety within their obstetrics and gynaecology services. This one-day event is an excellent opportunity to hear from national leads and experts in improvement science on the latest research and initiatives.
The Patient Safety Committee was formerly known as the Joint Standing Committee for Patient Safety, and the Women’s Health Patient Safety Expert Group.
- Chair - Mr Simon Cunningham
- Vice-Chair-Miss Janine Elson
- 5 RCOG Member/Fellow representatives
- 1 RCOG Trainee representative
- 1 RCOG Women’s Network representative
- Royal College of Anaesthetists representative
- NHS Improvement representative
- MBRRACE representative
- 2 Royal College of Midwives representatives
- Head of Safety and Governance
- Head of Guidance
- Guidance Programme Manager
- Head of Quality Improvement
- Director, Clinical Quality
- Head of Patient and Public Involvement
- RCOG Communications team representative
Please send all correspondence to the committee secretary.
Secretary: Lisa Burke