The College offers a comprehensive set of benefits designed to help maintain the correct standards of the specialty and to provide added value to our membership.
This page provides information about the benefits of full membership of the College (Fellows and Members). You’ll need to be signed in to the website to access some of the information.
Elsewhere on the site you’ll find information about the benefits of other membership categories:
Benefits of RCOG membership
- The right to use post-nominals (FRCOG and MRCOG) awarded by the College
- CPD programme (separate subscription required for those on a concessionary rate)
- Access to StratOG, the RCOG’s eLearning platform which hosts a range of online resources, including core training, advanced training, a series of case studies for professional development, online lectures and workplace videos for best practice in O&G
- BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology: a monthly peer-reviewed academic journal providing the best original research in women’s health around the world
- TOG: The Obstetrician and Gynaecologist: a quarterly journal aimed at supporting your CPD activities and an essential component in keeping you up to date with developments in our specialty
- O&G magazine: your triannual membership magazine full of College news and the opportunity to share your initiatives with the rest of the membership
- O&G News: your monthly eNewsletter containing important information within O&G, updates from College Officers as well as news and upcoming events from the RCOG
Knowledge and resources
- E-journal access: the RCOG library holds a unique collection of electronic journals that are free to access for our membership, trainees, associates and affiliates
- Library enquiry and clinical enquiry services: professional researchers and the College’s library team are at your disposal, using some of the best databases and research tools to support your work
- Databases: you can receive advice and assistance about the use of key databases such as MEDLINE and the Cochrane Library
Access to College facilities
- RCOG awards, grants and prizes: through the generosity of benefactors and the legacies of past members, the College offers annual awards and fellowships including research grants, travel awards and lectureships
- Online Register of Fellows and Members (access via ‘My account’ – you’ll need to sign in to the website)
- Media advice
- Voting rights
Please note that the above benefits are available to Fellows and Members of the College who are not in subscription arrears. RCOG eXXtra is currently only available to those in the British Isles.
If you have any questions about your membership package, please email the Membership Services team or call +44 20 7772 6248.